THE GIFT OF TIME
September 1, 2012 § Leave a comment
Instructions before you read:
- Inhale for 5 seconds
- Hold it for 5 seconds
- Exhale for 5 Seconds
Do that 3 times… feel good?… now that’s called triangular breathing… feel relaxed?… now you are ready….
Time is the best gift given to man. It is funny that we have quotes that say ‘time is not on my side’ or ‘I wish I was never getting older’ when time is always on our side and getting older is the best thing that can happen. Living on earth, as it is, forever…come to think about it… is actually a nightmare as it robs time of its benefits to us. All people need is the right perspective.
Below are 5 simple reasons out of a multitude out there to know why time is always on our side:
1) Because time is so limited, you have to live everyday to the fullest as when tomorrow comes, you cannot go back to today.
2) Because of time, no day can be boring, as everyday has its own pleasures and challenges.
3) Because life is a journey, every experience has something to teach us for the rest of our lives in our mortal bodies.
4) Because of time, every problem has an expiry date, so you can always know that there is a rainbow after the storm.
5) Last but not the least, because of time, the joy of having a mindset to always enjoy the now, makes you know that your future would always be better than your past. (take a couple of seconds to let that sink) NICCCEEE…
So I say brethren, the 11th commandment is ‘thou shall enjoy the now!’, because you have been presented the gift of breath once again and so live it to the fullest. It is easy to take things for granted (and I have been guilty as charged), but I can assure you that when you loose something you have taken for granted e.g. health, you will snap back to reality and know what really matters at the end of the day.
P.S. Always be conscious of who gave you this breath of life as it makes the experience of life the all so more spectacular!! I KNOW THAT FIRST HAND… BLISS 🙂
Now let’s Tuuuuune up this post…