About 35000 DECISIONS ARE MADE EVERYDAY!
July 6, 2012 § Leave a comment
Whether consciously or unconsciously, we make decisions in life and they generate consequences. These consequences are perceived as beneficial or disadvantageous dependent on the perspective you look at it from. An American speaker at a conference in St.Paul MN says the average US citizen makes about 35000 decisions a day. (Absolutely ridiculous)
Ordinarily going to the grocery store is a case study for decision making. Picking out what type of salad or cereal to buy takes a series of decision making (with all the crazy options we have nowadays). These are simple decisions, however we make them whether we are aware or not.
On a grander scale, we decide to be servants to our own selfish desires or a desire to serve a cause stronger than self. Understanding the reason behind decisions is something most people try not to think about as it appears to make life a little too intense. However, you will see that there are so many benefits to analyzing it as the bullet points below will show. Before I list them out some facts of life have to be made clear whether you like it or not.
– As long as you are alive and are in human flesh, you are always going to be a slave to something (God,You, Achievements, Money, Lust, Pride, etc- whatever makes you tick really)
– You will always make choices and decisions
– You always have free WILL, and no one should take that away from you (i.e. to learn or not, to be humble or proud, to be successful or not…. fill in the blank for yourself)
Now lets look at the a few of many benefits of being aware of your decision making process:
– Understanding why you make some decisions enable you to be in a perspective to learn (only applies if you want to be the best of you you can be).
– Life is a journey and your last day on earth will paint the full picture, therefore every day you make decisions, its you painting on a blank canvas in the anticipation that you create a master piece.
– Having an alertness of why you do what you do ironically makes you not take yourself seriously (don’t ask me how) but you see life as it should be looked at: a journey of learning and enjoying!
Take this away: One bad decision can put you on shaky grounds but One good decision can rewrite all the crap decision. It’s that simple!
P.S. My best decision was to be conscious of what JESUS is doing through my every move, despite my imperfections. Journey of life has just gotten lot more exciting!! lets keep piling driving through baby!!
Imma leave yall with a music video cause I aint done in a min!! #BABZYTELLS’EM